Equality & Diversity Policy
SSS Education Group Ltd are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity, providing a service and following practices which are free from unfair and unlawful discrimination.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that no applicant or member of staff receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance. It seeks also to ensure that no person is victimised or subjected to any form of bullying or harassment.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. All employees are covered by this policy and it applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, training, deployment, career development, and promotion. These areas are monitored and policies and practices are amended if necessary to ensure that no unfair or unlawful discrimination, intentional, unintentional, direct or indirect, overt or latent exists.
All employees, workers or self employed contractors whether part time, full time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the Company.
Equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and compliance with the law is to the benefit of all individuals in our Company as it seeks to develop the skills and abilities of its people. While specific responsibility for eliminating discrimination and providing equality of opportunity lies with managers and supervisors, individuals at all levels have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect.
The personal commitment of every employee to this policy and application of its principles are essential to eliminate discrimination and provide equality throughout the Company.
Our commitment as an employer
The Company is committed to:
• creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our staff are recognised and valued
• entitling every employee, worker or self-employed contractor to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
• providing training, development and progression opportunities to all staff
• understanding equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense
• reviewing all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
Our commitment as a service provider
The Company is committed to:
• providing opportunities which are open to all regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
• making sure our services are delivered equally and meet the diverse needs of our service users and clients by assessing and meeting the diverse needs of our clients
• fully support this policy by senior management and ensuring agreement has been reached with employee representatives
• selecting those for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit purely on the basis of aptitude and ability
• monitoring and reviewing this policy annually
• having clear procedures that enable our clients, candidates for jobs and employees to raise a grievance or make a complaint if they feel they have been unfairly treated
• treating breaches of our equality and diversity policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings
• encouraging all staff to come forward with any issues they need Company assistance and understanding with, no matter their background, identity or circumstances.
Equal opportunity policy statements
Regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, we will:
• ensure that everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
• ensure that everyone is given equal access to our employment, training, development and promotion opportunities.
• challenge discriminatory assumptions.
• respond swiftly and sensitively to any discriminatory incidents.
• provide any reasonable adjustments to ensure disabled people have access to our services and employment opportunities
• ensure that no individual is disadvantaged and that we take account of the needs of our employees’ pregnancy or maternity
• ensure that our employees have the right to the same contractual pay and benefits for carrying out the same work, work rated as equivalent work or work of equal value.
• ensure that employees’ religion or beliefs and related observances are respected and accommodated wherever possible and
• respect people’s beliefs where the expression of those beliefs does not impinge on the legitimate rights of others.